Pages

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Complacency and Grocery Store Apathy

I haven't worked in over 6 months (minus a week I did some night shift cake making back in November).  My ultimate goal was to find a job, so that consumed my days.  Literally, it's all I thought about and all I did.  I felt like I lost touch of the social world.  Even though I co-mingled while doing daily tasks, that's about all the human interaction I had, besides skype-ing with friends back home.  


Sometime last week, I'm going to say Tuesday, whilst sitting on our golden 7 ft long couch, I came to the conclusion that I am....out of touch with the real world.  


So as of last week, I started a new job, I am a grocery store cashier.  Yes, I know, not my ideal job, but it's there and it's what it is.  Nothing like throwing my awkward, anti-social self into a busy, talking all the time sort of situation.  Where, I have to admit, I find it hard to relate to my co-workers, because they all know each other in some respect and because I'm new, I just stand there and sometimes laugh when they snicker with each other.  The 'Hi there, how are you today, would you need bags tonight?' every minute or so is completely robotic, that I now realize that I went from being total complacent and jumped right into apathy. 


I know, I know, this post sounds a little depressing. Alas!  This is what I need.  It's a simple step back into reality and even though I am probably not the friendliest looking person you'll encounter at the till, I will still bag your groceries and give you your change.  It's a job, what more can I ask?


Ok, I'm done!


Happy Hump Day

No comments:

Post a Comment