Pages

Sunday 17 July 2011

Stuffed Yorkshire!


Two things I hold dear to my heart:  MEAT! and BREAD!  
What is better then yummy roast beef and yorkshire pudding?! Not much, I must say.

David and I decided to do a weeee old traditional English dinner last night.  Since I was craving a big chunk of meat and we acquired a beautiful sirloin roast, we decided to accompany it with some fresh garden peas, mashed potatoes and baby carrots.....and PUFFY GOODNESS that is Yorkshire pudding!

Yummy?  Yes!

I want to share a little bit of a secret when it comes to making the Yorkshires:  Fat! 

Want to know how to make them? Here's the recipe:

3/4 cup all purpose flour
pinch of salt
3/4 cup milk
3 eggs
duck fat 

  • Sift flour and salt together.
In seperate bowl whisk eggs and milk together till frothy. Add to dry ingredients and let rest.  

In the meantime, put about 1/2 tbsp of duck fat (or the beef drippings) in the bottom of each muffin tin.  Heat up in 450F oven till piping hot!  Take out carefully and ladle batter in quickly but safely.  Put back in oven for approx 20 mins or until browned (not burnt!) and light as feathers! 

Crappy Photo, but fantastic result!
There might be a little bit of fat left over inside the Yorkshires, and it's good to save the rest of it that was caught in the bottom of the pan!  Don't let the fat go to waste! 

I didn't this time, but you can definitely add some cheese or herbs to these.  I'm going to try to incorporate a sweet version to figure out a new dessert.

This was my first post as the new 'Gettin Baked'!  More to come and definitely more sweets to come! 
-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment