Pages

Sunday 24 July 2011

Fava Beans and Frozen Ganache!


Fava Beans all snuggled up.


We found a whole lot of fava beans for cheap at a market down the street from us.  I don't think either of us has had fresh ones, so opening them up to find a super fuzzy, soft interior was a surprise.  Those favas sure have a lot of cushy padding to travel around in. It was pretty cool. The other amazing thing about these, are that when you blanch them and take off the cloudy shell, it reveals a gorgeous emerald green bean! We made a garlicky, rosemary dip with them, but I did not snag a picture of it.  (it also didn't look supremely appetizing.)


Pardon the one handed plating. 
I felt dessert useless for the past week.  I wanted to make something tasty, but easy.  Something as easy as a simple ganache was going to hit the spot.  I used my left over 35% cocoa fat dark chocolate (to those who know it's called 'couverture' chocolate), something also very simple, but kind of tricky thing to do is a caramel sauce.  But I pulled it off this time. We had left over cherry coulis and some grounded almonds, and bam!  Late night snack galore!
I would like to point out, that, this plate above was plated using one hand, so I apologize for the shabbiness (and the frozen finger prints..teehee)
Enjoy the rest of your Sundays!


<3
-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment