Pages

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Chocolate Bundt and A Boston Terrier

Lately, I'm not sure why, but everything I bake turns out as a turd.  I feel like I need to regain my baking mojo soon, or else it might be lost forever!  Kidding, I'm kidding!  But it better make an appearance soon!


Anyway, this past weekend David and I were dog sitting for his sister.  She has this CRAZY little Boston named Kaiser.  He's adorable, yes, but can you say.....ENERGY!  He's non stop!  My favorite part of the weekend was him sleeping, because he is a cuddle monster and it's pretty freaking cute.  And he is pretty camera friendly:


KAISER!


On the time off I've had in the past two weeks, food blogs have been a daily read.  I came across a very popular one called Joy the Baker.  She has tons of recipes and I was really craving chocolate cake.  I rifled through her index and found a great recipe for a chocolate bundt.  Very easy, very simple, and very tasty!  




Everything was going smoothly, David was making the glaze.  The original recipe: here, calls for a chocolate glaze, but guava is in season right now, and we picked up a couple packs the other day.  So he decided to make a guava caramel and use that as the glaze.  (by the way, fantastic!)


It was slightly underbaked....and came apart in the pan :(

But!  I put it back together and the glaze held it in place!


Even though the cake came out as a slightly crumbly mess, in the end, it was a moist, underbaked, guava-y, chocolate cake. That's what we were craving anyway!  Needless to say, I think this cake is one step in getting my baking mojo back.  (even if it looks turd like)


<3
-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment