Pages

Monday 1 August 2011

Coconut Cupcakes ala Pineapple Cream Cheese Icing

Ok, I'm going to admit....Martha Stewart has some great cake recipes.   She slightly terrifies me, her show is void of happiness and sunshine, it's scary.  BUT,  I will give that wonderful lady a high five for the creation of her coconut cupcake recipe.  



There's one component to cake making that I have yet to master or have patience to master, and that is frosting.  I can't count the number of cakes or cookies I have made that needed to be frosted and the times that it didn't work out,  but I can  tell you that this is one of those times.   Non pipe-able, super sugary icing that just didn't want to be nice.  

In the end of my cupcake frustration, I reinforced that it doesn't hurt to try again next time. 


-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment