Pages

Thursday 16 February 2012

Apparently, my attention span waned substantially over the past 6 months.  Some things....actually, quite a few things have changed since August of last year.  

Back on the coast.



hmmmm....


September: *News that David and I will be moving to Florida (long story)
*David asking me to marry him...(whoa)
* Leaving Vancouver, selling most of our things, packing up (all of our belongings went to Florida [insert unhappy face] )
*Left Vancouver for prairie living until Florida


October:  *David doesn't make it Florida, prairie living with my family for a month
*Enjoying the Alberta Fall trying to figure out where we were going.
*Meantime, painted a garage, harvested Apples,  restored a 1940's vanity.
*Decision made!  Moving to Victoria.
*Middle of October, made it to the Island....


Those two months were the craziest, emotional (since my parents thought I was leaving to America, and then we didn't) and longest months...ever!  


Needless to say, coming back to the coast and re establishing ourselves in a different city has been a bumpy road, but I think we will be happy here....for a little bit at least!

Here's what a squirrel looks like when it get's smooshed by a car.
I'm using a belt sander!

Finished vanity..well almost.

Ok, so the squirrel was in the alley on our last day in Vancouver, and that's the only picture I could find. I like it.

Since being in Victoria, I have a lot of time to read.  This is the book I am currently into, I suggest that you read it, if you're into the whole cooking mumbo jumbo.

Blood Bones and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton



Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment