Pages

Thursday 23 February 2012

Thursday Dinners

The computer went and came back unfixed, useless.  Oh well, I promise that won't let any keys go off on a tangent of their own.  


My first business is that every Thursday from now until I stop to exist (or this blog) I will post something that I ate on Thursday.  It doesn't sound that exciting I know, but if the entire blog was of stuff I was eating, that would be pretty boring too.


Why Thursdays?  Well, tonight in particular, I was happy with our dinner.  Any other Thursday dinner, as David and I agreed upon, are generally more of the food we are excited to make and eat.  (Right now I am being extremely ticketed by the grammar police, and really, I don't care) 




Tonight was a little soft pork chop, spaghetti carbonara, with eggplant and zucchini.  I made a pane casereccio which means 'country bread' today with rosemary, lemon and goat cheese and it went excellently with our food! We are both inspired by the simplicity of cooking that comes from Italy (we plan to head over there next year for a little while to soak it all in, but that's another story).  




Carbonara, what you make think of it, is not a creamy pasta with bacon and peas.  It's sauce is simply...pasta water and an egg white.  (Making sure that the egg doesn't scramble and the water is just about reduced down)  It's rich but delicate and absolutely satisfying. 


Another thing I will update on is that Detective the cat is fine.  His vet visit was a not exciting adventure, but a worthy one.  Apparently he has cat acne (and worms, yeah, our cat is gross).  Cat acne?!  Not like an oily teenage face, more like plugged glands that get irritated. He's OK!



Ok, I'm all done.  Let me know if any of you that are reading this if you want something else for me to post.  I almost bake daily and if you need any tips, let me know. 


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment