Pages

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Missing my homies

Never be ashamed of how cool you can be when you're young. 


When did it become so hard to make friends?  I can tell you, it's called adulthood.  It's lame.  


I want to go up to someone I think is cool and ask them to my birthday party.


I want to share my guilty music tastes and the things I make fun of with my buddies.


I don't want to be 27 anymore, I want to be 11 and excited for sleepovers.




Well, some things stay the same.


I still have the same friends dating back to Kindergarden, grade 2 and grade 9. 


We all still talk...some of them have kids, one of them lives in a different country.


On all accounts, I left everyone, they didn't leave me.  


I know my heart still has a big space for each one of them.


I'm not sure if I'll ever accept this older life, especially now, where my nostalgic thoughts take over my dreams. 


It makes me happy still, if during the day of stresses, regular life, changes in life, I still inadvertently think about the wonderful people that brought me to this point. 


Lots of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment